Saturday, December 17, 2011
I Can
I had a sweet woman come to my room today and bring me a little gift bag full of presents. It touched me so deeply, it brought me to tears. I have no idea who this woman is and she doesn't know me. But she was in the hospital last Christmas, on bed rest because of premature ruptured membranes. I think it touched me so much because she understands exactly what I am going through. She knows the feelings of anguish, frustration, sorrow, discomfort, fear. I've had many, many people express to me "Oh, I can't imagine what you're going through" or "I don't envy you at all, I couldn't do this". It was really meaningful to me to have someone who does know exactly what its like (and to have survived it) to encourage me along. In the gift bag, there was a cute photo holder that says "I Can." I put an ultrasound picture in it and I have it where I can stare at it all day. It's true. I can do this. I'm not the first or only person who has had to do this. It will be worth it in the end. So, thank you so much anonymous woman. You have no idea what kind of impact you made in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a beautiful Christlike love this sweet angel shared with you! You are always in our thoughts & prayers. You CAN do this, because it's a partnership with Heavenly Father. He helps you do hard things. God bless you & your tiny one & keep you tenderly enfolded in the hollow of His hand! Love & hugs, Peggy
ReplyDeleteGood news! I am glad to see that little baby is growing and that you are doing okay...hopefully with physical therapy they can make the time go quicker for you! I am sure the seconds pass by way to slowly. I'll keep you in my prayers. Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete