Wednesday, December 14, 2011

This Week's Results

I had my AFI (amniotic fluid index) test again this week. I was pretty nervous. Two weeks ago my number was 4.5. Last week it dropped to 3.2. This week it was 4.2. The nurses and Doc all have the same response "So, it's staying about the same." Maybe there's a margin of error. I don't really know what the numbers really mean, but I'm thrilled that I'm 'staying the same', instead of loosing fluid.

Once a week, the nurses let me walk outside of my hospital room to weigh in. Kind of a depressing journey, but that's okay. It's one of those things that I have come to accept. All I do is sit in bed, all day long. I physically CAN'T exercise (or move much) right now, so I'm kind of expecting to weigh over 300 pounds when I come out of the hospital! I maintained my entrance weight during the first week. This week, however, I actually lost half a pound. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I am eating a lot healthier here in the hospital than I did at home. That might have something to do with it. Also, I wonder at what rate I'm losing my leg muscles! Anyway, half a pound is such a tiny amount, that it probably doesn't even matter.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete